Thursday, June 11, 2009

Funny Pets and Happy Birthday to MaKayla!

Last night Ray decided that we should sit down and watch Hotel for Dogs - he has had the movie for about three weeks now (no we didn't rent it). So we snuggled into the basement with the fire going (I can't believe that it is this cold in June) and started watching the movie. I had just given Oliver his bath and so I had him on the couch brushing him - when the dogs started to appear on the screen he was glued to it! He would growl and bark at the dogs on the screen and he seemed to love the movie. With about a 1/2 hour left in the movie - Tora the cat jumped up on Ray's lap and also started watching the movie. This is very unusual - Tora doesn't like anyone too much and she seldom snuggles with either of us - she is totally Kelli's cat and will come when Kelli calls her but the rest of us are just her servants - assigned to clean her litter box and feed her. They both seemed to love the movie and once the movie ended they started their little play feud again and jumped down and ran away. Such funny behavior from our crazy little pets!



Today is MaKayla's 5th birthday - I can hardly believe that it has been 5 years since she was born. I remember when she made her appearance into this world with her full head of dark curly hair and her dark brown eyes. It was an amazing experience to witness her birth and to be in the delivery room with Kelli and her sisters. What a bonding moment for all of us to watch this new little life come into the world. It was only a few minutes after she was born that Marc came into the delivery room and had the chance to hold her - he and Kelli were dating at the time but I think that moment was so tender as he held this new little child in his arms. I know he fell in love with her and never looked back. MaKayla has always had a special spirit that draws people to her and brings a feeling of peace to any occasion. I am blessed to be her grandma and to have such a special bond with her. She is a bubbly happy child, with a great sense of humor, and the desire to please others. She can always make me smile. Happy birthday to my sweet little granddaughter! We love you MaKayla!

No comments: