This is a self-portrait on the same morning.
Here I am inside the Egg & I.
This is our room - it was beautiful and what a great way to feel spoiled!
Here is Ray standing on the balcony of our room.
Here is Ray standing on the balcony of our room.
Here I am standing on the balcony.
Another beach picture
We heard that Kansas City BBQ had burned down and we were totally bummed, imagine our surprise when we walked around the corner and it was still there! Apparently they rebuilt the restaurant. This is the place where they filmed the bar scene in "Top Gun" and they were able to rescue the piano and juke box so they are still there for photo opportunities. Of course the best part is the BBQ - the food is GREAT! Here is Ray sitting on the patio.

Here is a view of the rebuilt Kansas City BBQ
Ray driving home.
Another self-portrait
Good-bye San Diego
We had a marvelous time and I can't thank Ray enough for spoiling me rotten. He also surprised me with 8th row tickets to see "Wicked" I've never seen it before and I loved every miniute of it. The scenery, costumes, music, EVERYTHING was amazing. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.
We also enjoyed the Sunday Brunch - you cannot believe the amount of food - we had everything from caviar to chocolate covered strawberries. Seafood, sushi, crepes, omlets, prime rib, salads, desserts, if you walk away hungry it is your own fault!
We also loved the restaurant and we were treated so well. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that we had a marvelous time and that we felt totally pampered.
I've only been back two days and I am already anxious to go again. I loved spending time with my sweetheart - he is so much fun and I totally enjoyed having him to myself. We laughed and giggled and shared so much - it was great. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment