Monday, August 24, 2009

We Did It!!!!

Patti, Kelli and I ran/walked our first 5K. I was amazing and we are amazing for accomplishing something that none of us even thought about a few short months ago.
We are getting stronger everyday and it feels so good to be healthy and to be able to say that we actually completed a 5K!!!

Patti and Kelli are both doing so great and working so hard at getting healthy, I am so proud of both of them!
We started the morning early - meeting at Kelli's house at 7:00 AM - we arrived at Sugarhouse Park about 7:30 AM and we were amazed by the number of women who were participating in this event. The total count was 1300 - some women ran the 10K and others the 5K but everyone was excited to be a part of this day.
There were a number of sponsors and Kelli and Patti both wore the shirts that they gave us - my shirt was funky and didn't fit right - Kelli even volunteered to trade but once she put mine on she changed her mind. So I didn't wear "the colors" of the race - we decided that next time we will get our own shirts and make sure they fit! :D)
Patti and I stayed together throughout the race and encouraged each other - Patti would say, "Let's run until this point and then we can walk again." Or I would say "I'm feeling strong lets run a little bit." It worked out great and we posted a time of 45 minutes. Kelli came in 10 minutes ahead of us because she ran most of the route - she did a great job. It felt so good to be cheered on and encouraged as we ran/walked. It was a perfect day - the weather was great and we felt good! I am so grateful for the chance to participate and to do something that wasn't even on my radar a year ago! I am so inspired by my daughters and so grateful that they have encouraged me to move outside of the box and do something I didn't think was even possible.


No comments: