Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Update

We had another busy and fun weekend. Friday night my mom and dad took Ray and I to dinner at PF Chang's for my birthday. We had yummy food and they gave me the biggest birthday card you've ever seen - it said; "A long, long, long, long time ago..." then you open it up and the Star Wars theme starts to play and it then says: "You were born." I laughed and laughed it was one of my dad's cards that he scours the stores for - he loves giving unusual and funny card for all kinds of occasions but he really gets a kick out of getting something unusual for a birthday. Love you so much mom and dad thanks for the great birthday treat. Of course my birthday isn't until this Saturday but I am going to be in San Diego with Ray so I won't be here to celebrate with mom and dad - they are so great to think ahead.

Saturday Ray had to work so I called Patti and Pam to see if they wanted to go and get a pedicure - they were very excited and we found out that Kelli needed her toes painted again so we all went to Pro Nails and had a great couple of hours of rest and relaxation. Thanks to the dads for stepping up and caring for the kids - we appreciate you!

After the pedicure we headed to the VanKomen family reunion - they had a bounce house for the kids and we ate some yummy Dutch food and then enjoyed a family raffle. Pam's daughter Miranda won the kids quilt in the drawing. The best part of the reunion was being together as a family.

Sunday Ray and I went to church and taught our SS Class - then we met Carolyn and Pepe for a relaxing afternoon at Grand America. The company was great and so was the food. Afterwards Ray and I went home and relaxed! WHEW! After another busy weekend it was so nice to get in a Sunday nap, hang out in the yard and in our house, read, rest and get rejuvinated for another week. Hooray for Sunday!

Here we are with Carolyn and Pepe at the Grand - So much fun!
Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe weekend!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Am I ever going to get my dress back?