Monday, March 10, 2008

The Ballet

This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the ballet with two of my daughters. They purchased season tickets to Ballet West's performances at Weber State College last year and invited me to purchase tickets at the same time. When they asked me I wasn't in a good place to make the commitment so I told them that I would pass. After seeing the ballet Cinderella on Saturday I am sorry that I didn't get tickets. What a wonderful program. The costumes and scenery are amazing, the music was absolutely wonderful, and the dancers took my breath away. I was also really impressed with the seats - we were smack dab in the middle of the stage on the third row! WOW!

I did tell them that if they get tickets again next year I definitely want to be included.

Before the performance we went to dinner at an Irish restauraunt called MacCool's - again I was very impressed. We were seated almost immediately after walking into the restaurant, we had two people waiting on us and we got immediate attention. Two appetizers were ordered - calamari and Finn Skins - YUMMY! Then I got the corned beef special sandwich with sweet potato fries. Everything was excellent! I would definitely go there again.

What a wonderful evening with my girls (I missed having Pam there, but maybe we can get her involved next year as well). I love spending time with my daughters - they are wonderful women with great social skills and very interesting thoughts and ideas. I love sharing something we all enjoy so much!

If you get the chance to see any of the performances by Ballet West I know that you will be very impressed by the caliber of dancers and you will be well entertained as you listen to the talented musicians and watch the impressive dancers - it is truly a feast for your eyes and ears.

No comments: