Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stuff and Nonsense


This picture made me think of springtime - especially since Jen said that the frogs croaking in their pond is a sure sign of spring in Seattle. We don't have a frog pond but the downpour today with lightening and thunder sure reminded me of spring. I know that we are supposed to have snow tomorrow but it should be a spring snow one that doesn't stick and doesn't last. I laughed when I heard the lady on the radio this morning say that we would have snow but it wouldn't be the shoveling kind! We have had a lot of snow that needed to be shoveled this year.

I think another sure sign of spring is the laughter of the kids in our neighborhood as they play outside the window. We also get a steady stream of kids ringing our doorbell and asking if MaKayla can play. She is a very popular little girl!

Last night Ray and I went birthday shopping for Melody - I can hardly believe that she will be three years old on St. Patrick's Day! Where does the time go? She wants a horse party - she loves horses. Ray and I decided to get her cowboy boots and a cowboy hat - I'm hoping that she will be excited. The boots are red and black and the hat is red. She will be all decked out to ride her stick horse!

We also went to Sportman's Warehouse to take back a die for Ray's reloader - they still didn't have the right one. So we had to spend a little time in one of Ray's favorite stores. We also went to the Mall and walked around for a little while and then purchased Carolyn a gift card at Dillard's - her birthday is the 18th. This is the start of a bunch of birthdays! It is amazing how many birthdays we are now celebrating and we will have a new one in April with Patti's little guy coming very soon! We are getting really excited to meet him!

We had a wedding shower today for one of the girls that I work with - we went to Biaggi's in the Gateway. I had Butternut Squash Ravioli - it was so good! What a great diversion from work. It is fun to spend time with the people I work with in a different environment. We are going to have a St. Patrick's Day Party on Monday it is a pot luck and I signed up to bring Queso Dip which didn't sound too Irish so I said that I would bring McQueso Dip. There are a few people here who didn't get my little joke and thought that I was going to put macaroni in the Queso Dip. I thought I was hilarious! Of course I always do.

I hope that everyone is getting ready and excited for St. Patrick's Day we are going to go to the parade at the Gateway on Saturday. This is Patti's favorite holiday - I think she thinks that it is St. Patricia's Day! Of course she has always loved green and that makes this green holiday extra special for her. I have always tried to make this holiday special with a shamrock cookie and corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It is fun to make all the holidays a little special with small touches and something extra.

Hope you get lots of Irish Kisses on Monday and very few pinches!

No comments: