Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sisters

Yesterday I received a phone call from Pam - she had cut her finger on a knife around noon and she called me about 4:00 PM; the wound was still bleeding. Gratefully both of her sisters had arrived to help her and after a short discussion Patti took Pam to the doctor for stitches and Kelli stayed at Pam's house will all six of their children.

What a blessing to have siblings! I was so grateful for my Patti and Kelli going to the rescue of their sister. These three girls have been through a lot in their lives together and they have forged some really strong bonds. I know that through the years they have had their ups and downs, but I also know that they would do anything for each other.

When my girls were young I used to tell them that when they grew up most of their childhood friends would have moved on - they would have their own lives and they would get busy with life and living. Even though they would still be friends their bond would weaken and they would lose touch. But...sisters will always be an important part of each other's lives, they will stick around through thick and thin and will be there when things get difficult.

Yesterday I witnessed again the truth of that philosophy. I am so grateful for the love, worry, support, and friendship that my girls share. I am grateful that they take care of each other, pray for each other and console each other through times of trial. I am grateful that they can laugh together and cry together. I just want them to know that I am grateful for each of them and for the amazing women that they have become.

On the subject of sisters I have to say that I am very grateful for my own sisters and sister-in-laws. These wonderful women have truly been the most amazing friends. The bond that we share is such that I know they would drop everything and come to my aid at a moment's notice. We share wonderful memories, moments of laughter, difficult experiences, joyful days, and endless nights. We share in that bond that is called sisterhood, and I am truly grateful!

No comments: