I can only say that I don't ever want to have two holidays in one week again! This past Sunday was Easter and I am finally able to catch my breath on Thursday!!! YIKES last week was crazy and the craziness didn't end. A week ago Monday after working all day Pam brought the twins over so she and Danny could take Melody to dinner and a movie for her third birthday. Because it was St. Patrick's Day I cooked our traditional Irish dinner of corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes. I forgot how difficult it is to cook dinner when you have two almost 2 year olds under your feet, in the cupboards, and finding other things to get into. I had Kelli and Ray there to help and it was tough - I was so happy when Pam and Danny got home and I was so ready to go to bed! My respect meter for Pam went up 100% after that experience - she is an amazing mother!
I know we had something on Tuesday but I can't remember what it was - my oldtimers disease is kicking in!
Wednesday was my niece Beth's Wedding dinner starting at 6:30 PM she married a guy who has 10 brothers and sisters and Beth is one of 9 siblings so they had a huge group of people at the dinner. After the dinner Cindy, Kelli, Ray, Pam, and I stayed and set up tables and decorations for the reception that was held on Thursday night. We didn't get home until after midnight. I was exhausted.
Thursday was the wedding and so Ray, Kelli, and Cindy spent most of the day putting the finishing touches on the decorations and flowers. I left work, picked up Marc, picked up dinner, and ice and headed down to Orem. We were late for the start of the reception but I was able to help with the buffet tables, cutting the cake, clearing tables, and the final clean up when the reception ended. Another late night and I was tired.
Friday night I promised Brenden that he could sleep over at my house because he had let his mom cut his hair. He had a bad experience the last time he had his hair cut and so he had been afraid to let anyone cut his hair. We took him to Red Lobster which is his favorite restaurant and I spent most of the time cracking crab for him and for myself. It was pretty late when we left the restaurant so we decided that we would go and see Horton Hears a Who on Saturday afternoon. We went home and MaKayla and Brenden decided that they wanted to watch The Care Bear movie. Needless to say - the excitement of a sleepover kept them both up most of the night. This was not a good thing after the other late nights I had experienced during the week.
Saturday Ray got me up early so we could get our shopping done, make the shish-ka-bobs, and get everything ready for the Easter egg hunt before we went to the movie. The movie was great and everything was ready when the kids showed up to look for eggs. I think everyone had a wonderful time and the food was delicious.
Sunday we went to an early church to hear my dad's Easter talk. It was a wonderful experience and I was so glad that we were able to go and feel the spirit and take time to think about the true meaning of this amazing holiday. Ray and I spent the rest of the day resting and then went to my mom's house for Bretton's birthday celebration.
WHEW! This week isn't much calmer - I had my nail appt. Monday, Tuesday I had my 3 hour eye appointment to decide if I want to go ahead and have Lasik surgery, Wednesday Kelli spent the day doing flowers for Carissa's wedding and I picked up MaKayla from Pam's when I got off work. Today is Carissa's wedding and tomorrow Ray and I are going to Wendover for a Travis Tritt concert.
As you can see life is pretty full right now! I'll have to do a follow-up blog on my preparations for Lasik. I'm looking forward to spending a few hours alone with Ray tomorrow and to slowing down a little for the weekend.
It snowed today and I am not happy that spring took a little hiatus - hopefully March will warm up and go out like a lamb and spring will really be here. I'm looking forward to a very happy and calm April! We will be welcoming a new little Stender into the family and welcoming some warmer weather. So much to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment