Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another Week


WOW! The last couple of days have been really busy and full.

Today is St. Patrick's Day and it is also our little Melody's 4th birthday. She is a bundle of energy topped off with some beautiful curly hair. She is very interested in everything around her and she loves to be the center of attention (where in the world did she get that from?). She is a wonderful big sister and just like her mom she loves the water. In fact she chose a swimming party for her birthday. She received a beautiful new bike from her grandma Hansen, some fun clothes and toys, and a pair of pink and white cowboy boots from me and grandpa. Although her birthday is today we celebrated the big event on Saturday so everyone could attend. It was really a lot of fun and Pam made a beautiful princess cake with 3 tiers for the party. Happy Birthday Melody we are blessed to have you in out family.

Last Thursday was another weigh-in for the biggest loser and I lost another pound. I have finally reached the top spot and came in #1 for total weight loss this week. I hope I didn't peak too soon and then maybe I'll be able to pull off the championship in 3 weeks! Whatever happens I'm already a winner!

Friday Ray and I were going to go to the Outdoor expo but decided instead to do our Saturday shopping after eating dinner at Morellia's. We went to Costco and stocked up on all of the healthy food that we have been eating - then we went to Smith's and finished up our shopping. I was glad that we decided to shop early we were both exhausted when we got home.

Saturday was a very busy day - we went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in the morning - it was very fun lots of green, bag pipes, dogs, and very interesting people. Melody's birthday party was in the afternoon and then we went home and watched the Utes win the Mountain West Conference Tournament. Very exciting! We were going to go to the outdoor show after the game but we decided that we had already had enought excitement for one day so we cooked a yummy cedar grilled salmon dinner and ate with Patti, Bryan and the boys. It was great!

Sunday was the first really warm day and we had invited the kids to come over for a Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. Then we went to a little park in our neighborhood and flew kites, watched the kids play on the playground, and enjoyed a little sunshine. Afterwards we went home and played some games. It was a great day.

Monday was going to be a catch-up day but sadly Ray came home from work with a flu bug and the poor guy was really sick. I took Oliver for a walk and then we watched a little TV and headed to bed early. He's still not feeling very good today - in fact he did something he hardly ever does and that was to stay home sick from work. I have been researching home remedies and I think I will stop at the store and get him a few things on my way home from work. Here's hoping that he feels much, much better tomorrow and that I don't catch whatever it is!


No comments: