Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sisters

This past week I had the wonderful opportunity to go with my mom and my sister Lori to watch as Cindy (our younger sister) performed in the play "Women at the Well". It has been a long time since I spent time with my mom and my sisters - and this was a great event and ended up being a wonderful reminder of just how important these special women are in my life.

The drive to Highland, UT was great - we talked and laughed and giggled and caught up on what is happening in our lives. The play was wonderful and Cindy did a great job. She looked amazing - she has been working so hard to lose weight and get healthy and she has succeeded with flying colors. We sat and talked after the play and enjoyed Cindy's success - it was so much fun.

I am so blessed to have two wonderful sisters who are an amazing support to me - we have always had a special relationship - even when we were younger we got along so well and shared so many wonderful things. I have watched these two women grow from gangly children to poised, smart, beautiful adults. They are great moms and have exhibited amazing strength through many trials in their lives. What a blessing to share so many wonderful memories and to have such a strong connection.

Being a part of this great sisterhood has given me some insight into the relationship that my own daughters share with each other. I have always taught them the importance of their sisters and I have watched as they have grown in their friendship with each other and become not only sisters but great friends.

Our roots say we're sisters, our hearts say we're friends. ~Author Unknown

No comments: