Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weigh-In Day!

Well...it is Thursday - a much better day than this past Monday. I am leaving in a few minutes to pick Ray up at the airport and I weighed in this morning and had lost 1.4 lbs for the week. I know it doesn't seem like much but pick up a lb of butter and think of that spread all over your body - greasy and thick. Doesn't seem like such a little bit of weight does it now?

I of course wish it could be more but I am very happy anytime I step on that smiling monster of a scale and I find that I have defeated it once more. We are currently at 9 weeks and I have lost 12 lbs total. I probably won't find out where I am in the standings for the Biggest Loser here at work until Monday but I hope that I am still close to my #2 ranking.

This whole weight loss business has been tough - I wish that I didn't have to feel like I have been depriving myself of all of the good things in life. This past week has been especially difficult - one of the skinny girls I work with had her birthday on Monday and her mom gave her a pound of chocolate covered cinnamon bears - I love chocolate covered cinnamon bears and she of course offered me some - but I didn't give into the temptation I fought it off and didn't sink my teeth into those wonderful chewy confections.

Tuesday our big boss brought in a big box of mini cupcakes in many beautiful pastel shades. Everyone was oohing and ahhing over them. I could just taste that delectible cake and creamy frosting - but once again I fought off the temptation and didn't give in.

Wednesday was chocolate chip cookie day - and not just any chocolate chip cookies but Paradise Bakery chocolate chip cookies. I was quietly sitting in the breakroom eating my Lean Cuisine and minding my own business when the sales meeting ended and all of the treats from that meeting walked into the breakroom. I looked at my small little pieces of turkey and the dry crumbs of what is supposed to be cornbread stuffing and I wanted to cry. But once again I was strong and didn't give in to the temptation of those ooey gooey chocolatey treats!

Today was donut day - and anyone who knows me knows that I could eat an entire dozen chocolate, chocolate donuts without even batting an eye. I walked into the breakroom to fill my water bottle and my senses were assaulted by the smell of Dunford Chocolate Cake Donuts! YIKES - how strong does one person have to be? This was the final straw - I knew that someone would find me crouched in the corner stuffing my face with these delectible delights. But once again I remembered the many weeks that it has taken me to lose these fleeting 12 lbs and how hard I have worked and how good I have felt and the moment of temptation left me.

You would think that these people here would be on board to help with the success of our Biggest Loser Wellness program - but apparently they are all out to booby trap anyone who wants to succeed.

Three more weeks of the program and then 6 more weeks until the girl's cruise. I can do this - I can make it happen and when I do I will be like Rocky as he tops the final step and dances around in victory! I will be thin and healthy and I will be victorious! And maybe then I can once in a while enjoy a chocolate chocolate donut!

No comments: