Happy First day of spring! Spring is one of those seasons that is so unpredictable and yet it blesses us with amazing colors and unbelievable variety. Today the temperatures are in the upper 60's and the sun is spreading its warmth across the valley. Tomorrow the predicition is for rain and possibly snow through the first of the week - of course the good thing about spring snow is that it doesn't last - before you know it the sun once again shows its face and melts the snow into little puddles of water that quenches the thirst of the trees, flowers, and shrubs and right before your eyes the world turns a million shades of green and those intermitent snow showers give way to warm summer rain. What wonderful promises spring holds for all of us. We see the promise of life moving forward and the world once again becoming new.I love watching my tulips as they push up through the moist soil and become beautiful plants that bloom and flower and fill their little corner of the world with such amazing beauty. I am amazed at the little purple pansys that have already bloomed and gladdened their little part of the garden. Our privot hedge is already turning green and the grass is starting to look more green and little less brown. This morning I woke to the beautiful music of the birds that have started nesting outside my bedroom window - it wasn't even dawn yet and they were singing the songs of hope for a beautiful new day.
I am grateful that we are blessed to live in a place where we can experience all of the seasons and recognize the beauty that each season holds. I love the snow peaked mountains and the blessing of a really good snowpack this year. I love that the mountains change with the seasons and that before long they too will be green and beautiful. I love the sights, smells, tastes, and feelings of springtime and I am very happy that today is the first day of spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment