Monday, March 9, 2009

Random Thoughts

It's Monday the day after Daylight Savings time started - I have to say that I really have a hard time changing the clocks forward - my whole internal clock is messed up and it takes at least a good week to get things straightened out. I'm also out of sorts because Ray went out of town to work for a few days - I struggle when he leaves even though he has worked out of town for most of our married lives (you would think that I might get used to it - but I never do). Gratefully I have my little Oliver to keep me company and make me feel a little bit safer - although I didn't have a very good night's sleep last night - I just don't sleep soundly the first night when Ray is away. Here it is 4:40 PM and I am slowly getting ready to shut down for the day here at work. I have finished all of my projects for the day and I have a few minutes to share my thoughts. My biggest thought right now is THANK GOODNESS Monday is almost over!

I am going to head home to let Oliver out - put out the garbage cans, change clothes and then head to my nail appointment. This too is a very good thing because I haven't liked the nail polish I chose two weeks ago and I am ready for a change! When I get home my girls will be there - we are going to have a planning meeting for our cruise that is coming up in May - I am getting very excited to spend a whole week with my daughters. We haven't had an opportunity to be on vacation together without husbands and babies for a very long time. I know we will have a wonderful experience. This is definitely something I am looking forward to with great excitement!

I am glad to have company too because it will keep me from snacking - I have been having a really difficult time not giving in to my cravings for chocolate! When I get depressed I bake - so I baked a whole pan of brownies last night. Gratefully Marc and MaKayla each had a piece and then I took the rest of the pan to Pam's house for her little family to enjoy. I did dream about deep dark gooey chocolate brownies last night and I probably would have had one for breakfast if I hadn't sent the pan to Pam's house! Actually I might have eaten the whole pan by myself for breakfast if I hadn't gotten rid of the temptation.

My Lean Cuisine that I ate for lunch is wearing thin and I'm thinking that a chocolate donut sounds really good. Or perhaps a candy bar, ice cream, pound cake, peanut clusters, chocolate covered strawberries....YIKES! 8 1/2 weeks of sticking to my food plan has been tough but I'm going to make it 9 weeks and not cheat (even though I really, really want to!).

Well...Monday, daylight savings, Ray out of town, and no chocolate. Pretty depressing huh??

Gratefully Monday is almost over! I know I will feel much, much better tomorrow!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Hansen Family Blog said...

Yes thanks soo much for bringing the brownies over here, too much temptation for me. I want to look good for our trip too.