I know, I know I missed 9 and 10 - I don't have my Ipod with me and I haven't had time to bullet my day - I'll have to try and catch up on those later. LOL!!!
I have lots of places I would like to visit but if I had to make a list the one on the very top would be Holland. I have grown up hearing about the "old country" the place where my grandparents were born and where my dad and all of his brothers served their missions. I feel like a part of who I am resides in those cobblestone streets, the river, the tulip fields, the windmills, the ocean and those dikes that keep the sea at bay. I am very lucky to have had grandparents and parents who worked hard to share the traditions of Holland. Of course I am an American through and through but I can't forget those who got me here and the traditions that they not only brought with them but those they left behind.
So...someday if I'm lucky I will have the chance to see my grandparents homeland and that little piece of me that feels like I have a connection to the people and places of the Netherlands will be filled.

No comments:
Post a Comment