Friday, March 25, 2011

A Photo of Somthing you ate Today

These beautiful brown eggs look just like the ones I get from my chickens everyday.  Of course some of them have dark brown specks but most of them look exactly like this.  I am very lucky to have 4 beautiful chickens who lay such delicious and healthy eggs.  We get three or four eggs every day.  I have been eating two hardboiled eggs with a slice of dry toast every day for about 6 months now.  I love them!  The great thing about having your own chickens is that you know exactly what they are eating and you can supplement their diet with good things like flax seed.  I also believe that I have some of the happiest chickens around.  They live in a beautiful chicken coop and have the opportunity to roam the yard at least a couple time a week.  Their little pen that surrounds their coop is also open to them every day and they enjoy pecking, scratching, and clucking in this little piece of chicken heaven.  They each have their own personality and they seem to love both Ray and I but they definitely have an affinity for Ray.  All he has to do is cluck and they come running!  So my food of the day has a history and a fun story behind it.  It is great to grow your own food and to be a little more self-reliant.  I love my chickens and I really enjoy their eggs!

No comments: