I'm probably not going to finish the whole challenge because some of the things it asks to blog about I just don't have time to research so I might skip a few. This is number 12 - the highs and lows for the past month.
Both a high and a low is that I have been super busy at work. It is good because it means we are growing and making money so I have job security. It is low because sometimes it really stresses me out. I am grateful that I have a really good exercise routine that helps me alleviate stress and also gives me added energy - although sometimes it takes everything I have to motivate myself to keep up the routine.
One low was that my dad got really sick - he has problems with his lungs and anytime he gets a cold or flu it parks in his lungs and makes him extra sick. Gratefully he is doing much better he is off of his oxygen and back to doing his missionary work. I am so grateful for my dad - he is an amazing man I can hardly believe that he will be 80 years old in June!
Another low was that I got sick - it was a strange bug that put me right into bed for 5 days. I didn't have the cough or runny nose but the body aches were horrible. I am SO glad to have that behind me.
I experienced a number of highs:
1- Marc had a birthday on March 4th - I am so grateful for him. He is a great father to MaKayla and Cru and a wonderful husband to Kelli. He is funny, smart, and has taught me a lot about being healthy and exercising to stay that way. I enjoy being around Marc we seem to get along really well. I hope he doesn't have any bad mother-in-law memories of me. LOL!! I am grateful for his work ethic, his strong values, and his great sense of humor. He adds so much to our family. So celebrating his birthday was a HUGE high!
2- Another birthday this month was our sweet little Melody. I can hardly believe that she is 6 years old. Where did the time go? Her mom and dad bought the whole family a new swingset and airplane teeter bob for their backyard. It was put together and ready for her party last Saturday. It was fun to be invited to the party as a helper. Pam did a great job putting the party together and I think that Melody felt like a princess for her special day. We are so grateful for our beautiful Melody. She is a good big sister and a really good helper to her mom. She is very smart and loves being in Kindergarten. She have the best smile and a great imagination. We love our curly headed sweetheart!
3- The third birthday in the past 30 days was my sweet sister-in-law Carolyn. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing people. Carolyn is Ray's second oldest sister and they have always had a really good relationship. Carolyn has always looked out for her little brother and she has always been accepting and loving towards me. She is not ony my sister-in-law but my dear friend. It was fun to celebrate her special day as well.
4- Another high was watching both Brenden and Bridger as they learned to play baseball. They are both on a league this summer and they are having a blast learning new things and making new friends. I love that they are both so athletic and coordinated (unlike their grandma).
5- Maddelyn started walking not too long ago - I can hardly believe that she is so big. She walks and has been saying things and she wants with all her heart to be as big as her brother and sisters. I say that she is so big but really she is a teeny tiny. I think that little Cru will soon pass her up!
6- I went to a great play with my mom at Hale Center Theater - It was "A Tale of Two Cities". I wasn't sure how this book was going to translate into a musical but it was amazing. Thanks mom for thinking of me!
7- Our little Cru turned 4 months old and is such a sweetheart. What a good baby - Kelli and Marc are truly blessed to have a baby that sleeps through the night! He is always happy unless he is hungry, wet, or tired. You couldn't ask for more than that!
8- Ray has been in town! Hurray! A remodel at Little America has kept Ray in town for a couple of months; it has been great to have him home. He has been invaluable as the boys started their baseball and helping Pam and Dan put together their swingset. I love it when he is in town that is a HUGE high!
Getting together with my family for holidays (St. Patrick's Day was really fun), seeing all of my grandchildren and getting hugs and kisses, seeing the weather start to warm up, having Oliver greet me at the door each night, gathering eggs from our chickens, watching a good movie, eating a chocolate covered strawberry...so many highs each and every day. I am truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment