Today is officially the third day after Christmas 2007 and we are three days away from 2008. After all of the preparation; shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and decorating the BIG holiday is over! I have to admit that there is a little bit of relief, but also a great deal of let-down. After New Years I don't have another holiday that actually gives me a day off until Presidents day in Mid-February. I think we are looking at a long cold winter without too much to look forward to in the next few weeks.
I guess this is a time to look forward to the gift of a new year with all of its joys and surprises. I will be blessed with a new grandson sometime in April and that is a HUGE blessing. My sweet little Brenden who is my first grandson will be turning 5 on Monday - he will have a big year ahead of him as he starts school - it seems like only yesterday we were waiting for his birth and now we have 6 almost 7 grandchildren who have blessed our lives.
Ray and I will celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary in May of 2008 - I can't believe that he has put up with me for so long! I am very grateful to be looking forward to a New Year with my sweetheart.
I guess there are lots of things that we can look forward to in the coming year - it is a future filled with hope. I'm sure we will also face our share of challenges but gratefully these too strengthen us and help us to realize just how strong we truly are.
I am looking forward to a New Year filled with hope and possibilities. The cold months of winter will soon be replaced with a beautiful spring and the warm long days of summer will return before we know it! Until then it is my responsibility to recognize the blessings of this season and to enjoy the beauty of a snowy day, the crispness of the air, and the fun that can be found in building a snowman, having a snowball fight, and tubing down a slick hill.
No comments:
Post a Comment