Thursday, December 20, 2007

I can't wait for this week to be over!


I'm looking forward to having 5 whole days off of work. It seems like the past couple of weeks have really been dragging by - I am so excited for Christmas; I can hardly wait to watch everyone open their presents. I still have a couple of last minute gifts and probably 10 presents to wrap - gratefully we have a whole weekend to finish up. Ray and I are having my parents, Patti & Bryan, and the boys over for dinner on Christmas Eve. That is always such a great evening - it will definitely be a quiet restful time before the BIG event on Tuesday. We usually read our favorite Christmas story after dinner and then exchange one small gift; it is a good pre-cursor to the whole holiday extravaganza.


Tomorrow we are having a Christmas service project and party here at work. We are going to a Title 1 elementary school and we will be assigned different classes where we will put on a Christmas party for the kids. Last year I was assigned to a 3rd grade class and it was so much fun. We played Christmas Bingo, decorated cookies, and then presented each child with a gift and some goodies. I was grateful for the opportunity to share a little Christmas with some children who might not have a very happy holiday at their home. These little ones were so humble and so grateful for every little thing - it really puts the whole Christmas event into perspective. One little boy was so excited when we gave him a little personal radio - he wouldn't take it out of the box because he said that he was going to take it home and give it to his little sister for Christmas. WOW! I'm sure that he wanted that radio, but it was more important to him to share with his sister and to give her something wonderful for Christmas.


Ray is coming with me this year to help with the party - I am so excited for him to be there and to feel that great spirit. I also want to have the opportunity to show him off to all of the people I work with. I am so lucky!


No comments: