I recently found out that my oldest daughter Patti is having a boy the end of April 2008. She posted a picture of the ultrasound on her blogsite if you are interested. Patti is a great mother and she is so excited to have this new little one join their family. It is interesting as we get older and experience life; we worry so much more about the things that "could" happen. Patti has been concerned for this little one and of course has hoped that things will be normal and that this new little guy will be healthy and happy. Seeing him on that ultrasound was a huge blessing...we have so many modern miracles. Counting fingers and toes and seeing a spine, arms, legs, eyes, nose, mouth and ears; it is huge to know that everything is in its proper place.
What a great relief to know that things are progressing and that everything is okay!
Now comes some of the really fun stuff...picking a name, fixing up the nursery, getting out the little tiny baby clothes, preparing the big brothers for this new addition, and making sure that mom doesn't wear herself out as she embarks on this wonderful adventure. I am so grateful that we have Bryan and that he is such an amazing husband and father. He definitely didn't know what he was getting into when he married our sweet Patti, but he has stepped up to the plate and is truly an amazing man.
What a blessing to have my daughters married to good men. Men who take their responsibility seriously and work hard to provide for their wife and family.
I guess they took the example of their own father as they looked for a mate. I am grateful for a husband who has always been an exemplary father who loves his children and grandchildren and makes sure that they know it through his actions and words.
I am so looking forward to the birth of this new baby and all of the wonderful experiences that come from these sweet little ones. I learn so much from each of my grandchildren and I am blessed to have them in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment